Here is a defense out of the 3-4 Bear that we wanted to show this week that brings pressure from the quarterback from the outside by using the “Key Blitz” technique. The name of the blitz is called Pinch Buck Zero.
Play Diagram and Breakdown:
Playbooks Found In:
Quick Set Up:
- Call bump-n-run (optional).
- Take control of the FS covering the RB.
- Move him up into the A-gap between the center and left guard.
- Stay in control of the FS and hold down the RT (R2).
- Once the ball is snapped, watch to see if the RB goes out or not.
- If the RB goes out, cover him with the FS.
- If the RB stays into pass block, continue to hold the RT/R2 until the LE crosses the line of scrimmage.
- Once the LOLB does, manually drop the MLB into pass coverage or pass rush him.
- This setup is based against the I-Form Pro set. Against other formations, it can changed depending on if there is a fullback in the lineup or not. If there is no fullback, then you would want to take control of the defender that is covering the HB/RB.
- Having a fast left outside linebacker will enhance the pressure on the quarterback.
- 6 defenders pass rush the quarterback.
- 5 defenders play man coverage.
- No deep help, suspect to big plays if the pressure does not get to quarterback.
- Mix in with other man defenses such Cover 1 and Cover 2 man by moving the middle into the A-gap.