A popular play that has been around for some time now is the Singleback Ace formation is the TE Cross. While it’s not as effective as it once was against man coverage, it’s still a good play to call against that type of coverage if you got a speedy tight end or two on your roster.
Play Diagram and Quick Play Breakdown:
Singleback Ace – TE Cross has the tight ends running crossing routes. The right tight end (A) runs a crossing route from right to left and is the plays primary receiver. The left tight end (Y) also runs a crossing route, but from left to right. About 12 yards down the field, they will cross each other, often causing a natural pick. Often this will allow one if not both of them to get open if man coverage coverage is called.
Playbooks Found In:
- Brian Billick
- Dick Vermeil
- Power Run
Quick Set Up:
- Hot route FL (B) on a streak.
- Hot route the RB (RB) on a swing route to the right.
Pass Reads Order:
- TE1 (A)
- TE2 (Y)
- RB (RB)
- FL (B)
- SE (X)
- Against man or zone coverage, we look to throw to one of tight ends first. The only way we may change our pass reads is if once the ball is snapped and the pass coverage is Cover 0. We then would look to throw one of the outside receivers, providing they are able to get off the line of scrimmage without being jammed.
- If a blitz is called, we will look to throw to the runningback, who runs the swing route to the right if we feel we won’t have enough time to throw to one of the tight ends.
- The reason we hot route the flanker on a streak is draw the strong safety deep and way from the TE2, who runs the crossing route from left to right.
X’s O’s Filmroom Now On Sale
For those of you who don’t have a subscription to the X’s O’s Filmroom and would like to, let us give you more info about the X’s O’s Filmroom.
Unlike standalone ebooks or video guides, the X’s O’s Filmroom is updated weekly throughout the current pro football season!!!! Our X’s and O’s Football Tips and Footballs Strategies will save you countless hours of practice time. You will receive only the best and most effective breakdowns that our team has tested and verified. These are plays that anyone can use to improve their game immediately. The strategies covered in the X’s O’s Filmroom will help you improve game for football videos game such as Madden and NCAA. Rather than showing glitches, we show real offensive and defensive football concepts that translate over to video game football. Think of this product an exclusive club of Football Video Game Tips where we personally hand-pick and test plays to give you constant support and updated winning tips.
We know that you had to shell out your hard-earned dough for the game itself, so we are offering a very low price to gain access to the X’s O’s Filmroom™ for only $12.95. Your hard earn cash gets you all the strategies and tips listed above, and much more. Your account will be activated immediately after your order is placed. We’ll send you a confirmation email, with login info and user id. If you are ready to take your game to new heights, click the order button now to gain instant access now.