In this Football Video Game Tips breakdown, we show a Madden 13 play from the Redskins Gun Bunch Wk formation. The play we take a look at it is called Divide Under.
Playbooks Found In:
Quick Set Up:
- Hot route the SE on a slant
- Hot route RB on a wheel route to the left.
- Send the FL in motion to the right. Snap the ball when he gets about 4-5 yards outside.
- Look to throw to the FL just as he is about to break towards the side line.
- If a blitz is called, look to throw to the TE in the right flat or the RB on the wheel route to the left.
- The SE is also an option, who runs the slant route.
- When throwing the pass to the FL be sure to throw the ball to the outside at the 3 o’clock position just before he breaks towards the side line.
- If you feel like your opponent is calling a blitz, consider hot routing the RB to pass block.
- Works against both normal man and bump-n-run man coverage.
- If normal or bump-n-man coverage is called and no motion is used, chances are the defender covering him will have chance to pick the pass off. If motion is used, then generally the FL is open once he breaks towards the side line.
- If zone coverage is called, the FL more than likely won’t be open. Each of the other four receivers may be options, depending on what zone coverage has been called.
Video Breakdown: [jwplayer config=”myplayer” html5_file=http://xsos-videos.s3.amazonaws.com/gun-bunch-wk-divide-under.mp4 file=”http://xsos-videos.s3.amazonaws.com/gun-bunch-wk-divide-under.mp4″ image=http://xsos-videos.s3.amazonaws.com/gun-bunch-wk-divide-under.jpg width=”614″ height=”420″ autoplay=”false”]