In this Madden 13 Tips breakdown, we take a look at a play from the Gun Empty Eagle that is effective against both man and zone coverage is called Eagle Deep In. Much like the Eagle Crossess, we look to throw a pass to a receiver running a delay hook route. In this case it’s the tight end, who runs the delay hook route and is the receiver that we look to throw to.
Playbooks Found In:
Quick Set Up Vs Zone Coverage
- Hot route the FL receiver on a 5-yard out.
Pass Reads Vs Zone Coverage:
- Look to throw to the TE shortly after he hooks back towards the quarterback.
- Look for the SL as he comes across the middle on his crossing route.
- Look for the FL ones he breaks towards the sideline on quick out route.
- Look for RB in the flat once he releases.
Coaching Points If Zone Coverage Is Called:
- The tight end generally will go out if blitz is coming in from his side.
- The slot receiver may be an option as he comes across the middle on crossing routes. Watch for defenders playing hook zones.
- If a blitz is called and no defender covers the left flat, the runningback is a good option to throw once he releases into that area of the field.
Video Breakdown:[jwplayer config=”myplayer” html5_file=”http://xsos-videos.s3.amazonaws.com/gun-empty-eagle-eagle-deep-in.mp4″ file=”http://xsos-videos.s3.amazonaws.com/gun-empty-eagle-eagle-deep-in.mp4″ image=”http://xsos-videos.s3.amazonaws.com/gun-empty-eagle-eagle-deep-in.jpg” width=”614″ height=”420″ autoplay=”false”]